Soldiers & Sailors’ weeklong Summer Camp program alternates each year between Civil War and World War II themes. There are full-day (9AM-3PM) and half-day (9AM-12PM) options available. Lunch is provided for both options and an afternoon snack is provided for the full-day option. The camps are intended for students entering 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade. Tuition for the camp is $200 for the full-day option and $100 for the half-day option. Students will engage in a variety of activities which will include, but are not limited to:
• Interaction with re-enactors, veterans and special guests.
• Hands-on experience with artifacts and reproductions from the museum’s collection.
• Tour of the museum’s extensive exhibits.
• Daily sampling of foods from the era.
• Listening to and singing songs from the era.
• Reading interesting stories, articles and working with Primary Sources.
• Arts and crafts activities
• And more!
This year’s camp theme will be World War II and will take place from August 6, 2018 to August 10, 2018.